About Pack 229
Chartered through the Parents of Princeton Scouts and serving Princeton, Texas and neighboring communities, Pack 229 promises boys Adventure, Discovery & Teamwork. Boys join the because it’s fun. And while Scouts find fun and adventure in the outdoors, there is a core underlying purpose. Pack 229 is committed to the mission and vision of the Boy Scouts of America.
We are a Scouting program with an emphasis on personal growth, community service and leadership development.
Along with character development and physical fitness, citizenship training is one of the three objectives of the Scouting program. One way Pack 229 realizes the goal of citizenship training is community service. We strongly believe that each Scout has the obligation to give something back to the community in which he lives.
Contact Pack 229:
Jeremy Gerdes, Cubmaster
Jason Ash, Assistant Cubmaster
Pack 229 – Princeton, TX
Pack 229 offers a variety of activities and outings. Some of the things we like to do include:
- Both in council and out-of-council Summer Camps
- Monthly outings that include day hikes, backpacking, biking, and others.
- Service projects including Eagle Scout Service, service to local churches and non-profits, service to the Stanwood Food Bank, flag ceremonies, and others.
Parent support and participation is vital for any Cub Scout Packto thrive. We have several Adult Leaders who help out the Cubmaster. Our Committee is led by the Committee Chair and there are about a dozen parents who serve on the PackCommittee.
Our committed adult Scout Leaders are here to serve our Scouts:
- Cubmaster: Jeremy Gerdes
- Assistant Cubmaster: Jason Ash
- Committee Chair: Amanda Gerdes
- Chartered Organization Representative: Nikki McBride